"And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." Ephesians 3:17b-18

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ghana 2010

October 31, 2010                                        Newsletter #4

God never ceases to amaze me – through His creation & through others. 10 Years of going on mission trips, 8 of those years leading teams, and God continues to reveal Himself in wonderful ways, continuously. Each team is different and unique. God puts the right people in the right place at the right time. To watch a group of people, who don't know each other very well (sometimes complete strangers) come together in small living quarters, without all the creature comforts of home & familiar surroundings, is an amazing sight. Many times the only thing we have in common is our desire to GO & serve where God has called us – that is enough. To be blessed to be able to see God in action through the lives of those He has called is a privilege I am very humbled and grateful for.

In the past 10 years God has changed me in ways I never could have imagined. The people of Uganda, who captured my heart in 2000, have become a part of me. God began to birth in me, that year, a desire that I didn't even know was possible. The people, sites, and smells (very unique ones, at times) have become familiar to me and home to me. Ghana is a new frontier, with many similarities to Uganda. The ability to witness, through the eyes of a person on their first mission trip, the same things that captured my heart 10 years ago is like watching a butterfly emerge from its cocoon as a new creature. It is impossible to come to a foreign land, to a foreign people, by God's leading and not be changed.

The team this year is no exception. They are amazing. In the 3 days since we left NC God has meshed us together. We have become one – with one purpose – to share the love of our Lord and Savior through service, sacrifice, & prayer. I can't wait to see what this week will hold. To watch this team in action – ministering through song, games, sharing of the word, education, medical care, & crafts – To watch God in action through this awesome team. This is the GREAT ADVENTURE – GOD's ADVENTURE! In the words of Steven Curtis Chapman "Saddle up your horses, we have a trail to blaze…"

Cindy


 

You can also follow us on blog: CindyAlbertsonMissions.blogspot.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment