"And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." Ephesians 3:17b-18

Friday, October 29, 2010

Ghana 2010

October 29, 2010                                    Newsletter #2

Praises, prayers and much faith . . . our first day was filled with them all! First, we were full of praise for a wonderful flight. It was very smooth and seemed to go quickly for everyone. I did not even know when we landed (of course, I was talking and not paying attention!) We all got through customs with no problems and our hosts from the Baptist Mission Guest House and Seed Ministries were right there on time to greet us with their beautiful, wonderful smiles. We were fortunate to receive most of our luggage, however we are missing six trunks. Please keep the arrival of these trunks with most of our supplies in your prayers. We are believing God will deliver them right on time. He knows exactly what is needed and when and we know the Holy Spirit will guide and lead us, no matter the situation.

We all settled in for a brief rest at the Baptist Guest House, then decided to go out for lunch to a wonderful restaurant. So, Cindy, Jeff, Susan, Rhonda, Phyllis, Lena, Mike and myself piled into 2 separate cabs for Frankie's. No problem. After much food, fun and laughter we all eight piled into 2 more cabs headed back to the Baptist Guest House. In the crazy – and I mean crazy – traffic, the cabs got separated and it wasn't long before the ones in my cab realized we were no where near anything that remotely looked familiar. Our cab driver could speak no English and just kept going when we pointed out the map. Finally, we got him turned in what we thought was the right direction and just kept praying. One of my favorite verses kept popping up in my head "…Show me the way to go, Lord, for it is to You I lift up my soul." Ps. 143:10 Finally we arrived back at the guest house – only to discover the other four were nowhere to be found! Cindy and I head back to the restaurant (in another cab) while the other remnant stays behind. We arrive back at Frankie's but no group has shown back up there. Don, who is in Tamale, is giving directions from there! Fortunately, we were able to reassure Don within a short period of time that the others had in deed arrived safely at the Baptist Guest House. Cindy and I headed back in another cab with a wonderful driver who got us there right away. We thanked God for this! It seems the other group had taken an unplanned tour of Accra as well! In the meantime, Rev. Johnny Byrd and Dan Rose had arrived from North Carolina.

We are all gathered together in the living area happy and relaxed. There is much to be thankful for and many praises to God. I will close with another one of my favorite verses – in fact, it is hanging around my neck on my shield of faith necklace . . . "I am always with you wherever you go." Joshua 14:9

Lynne O'Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment