"And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." Ephesians 3:17b-18

Monday, August 6, 2012

Thoughts from our youngest team members:


Cole – Yesterday once we stopped at the children’s hospital I was sad, because they were all very sick.  I felt bad for them because they had to get shots & medicine. I thought it was interesting how they did the IV’s with the wrist thing.  I guess I learned something from that. Then today, we spent a lot of time riding. We stopped at Isacc’s orphanage (Canaan). The first thing that happens when you step off the bus the children hug you, hold your hand, & stay with you. I met my friend Gideon, who I met last year. We played football (soccer) together last year, but didn’t have time this year. While I was there I had my first full Novida = a malt beverage with 48% sugar in it. Then we drove to GSF for a quick visit. I was hoping to see my friend Eli.  Though I didn’t see him, I made 2 new friends. I got to see where Amos use to sleep and while doing that, I got to see last year’s friend Brian and gave him a hug. Then we gave good-byes and drove to the Central Inn to get all ready to fly out in morning. The end.


Amos – Today was the most interesting day of the trip for me! I was very interested when I went to the first orphanage (Canaan). I’ve never been to a different orphanage. GSF was the only orphanage I had ever been to. I use to know how the kids felt when they had so much laughter and joy when we came, because I use to be one of them. The most interesting part of the day was meeting all my friends. When I went to GSF I was surprised to see how much had changed. I met almost all my friends, my Aunt (my mom’s sister), guess you could say one of my older brothers (Morris). Saw new people I had never seen before. This is the saddest days of my life as well, because one of my good friends (Matthew) was paralyzed from the waist down, but I still rejoiced for him.  Even though he couldn’t speak to me, he understood me.  I’m glad that Andrew was driving us, because I think he is one of the most trustworthy bus driver I have ever met. This was my first time meeting Andrew, but I knew him even before I saw him, because people had been talking a lot about him. At the airport he ask me what his name was, I said, “Andrew.”  He said, “Shut-up, mama Cindy told you.” This is when all our joking started. When at the Coggins (Gulu), Andrew, Elijah, and I were cooking and I was the Chef.  Then Andrew ask me, “Whats nek (next)?” He asked me that question every single day. We always laughed about it, but this afternoon when he left he asked me one more time. And I said, “This is what’s nek” and then I hugged him good-bye. Tomorrow morning I will be sad, because we are leaving. When we leave, I will take one good look back and think about next year. The end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment