"And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." Ephesians 3:17b-18

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Humble Servant Hood = Light of Love Church

04-16-14

Humble servant hood – that I how I would describe the Burmese people from Light of Love Church. They greeted us with Ming La Bah when we first met, Sunday night at their church. They now greet with American “Good Morning” & “Hello”. Their humility, sweet spirit is such a reflection of the Christ manifested in their lives. Their Pastor gave up a successful career & financial security to answer God’s call to start a church. The pastor’s wife works for Partner’s Relief & Development, the mission organization the missionary we are working with is associated with,& was spending all day work only to go home each day to spend her evenings visiting the parishioners & ministering to their needs. 

Shrines – We have seen many shrines here that have an array of offerings at them. Their faith in idols is so evident as you walk the streets. They are obvious to everyone. The question that begs asking is what idols do we, in America, have?   Ours are less obvious yet they continually take our focus from God. It could be anything from things or to our time. This morning in our Bible Study we talked about intimacy with God. Is God truly the Lord of our life, of our every waking thought, is all that we do governed by Him, do we hear Him when he whispers to our hearts???? Or, are we too busy to have time to do those things that He has laid before us to do, to speak a kind word, to sit with someone who is hurting, to be the salt & light in this dark world???? I would venture to guess that America, the land of abundance, has more idols than those we see on the streets here. The difference being that ours are subtle and at face value seem so insignificant – yet in many ways may be more hazardous to our spiritual relationship with our creator, the one true God. How do we know just how far we have drifted….I would venture to guess that if we analyzed what we spend our money & time on we would know what we truly value. . I am so convicted of how I have allowed those things in life that we deem important to steal me from growing in my personal relationship with God.

I am so grateful that God open the door for me to come here. Asia was a place in the world that I had no desire to go come to, yet He knew that this is where I needed to be at this time.


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment